“Detox is White Girl for diarrhea.”
It’s funny, but it’s true.
The best detox is whole, nutritious food, drinking your water, and throwing in some exercise to get those endorphins. If you’re ordering these teas, you can save a lot of money by going and picking up a senna tea or even ex lax.
Your body is incredibly smart and amazing at doing its job. You don’t need a tea or a diet to detox. I was approached by a company to market one of these teas, I politely declined and told them I don’t think laxatives should be used on a regular basis. They tried to play it off like it wasn’t a laxative… Look for the ingredient SENNA or sennacot. That is a STIMULANT LAXATIVE. Which is fine occasionally if you need relief, but daily? Weekly? No. There are so many natural remedies to try first before jumping straight into laxatives.
Some things to look at:
1. Water intake
2. Fiber. Are you getting too little? Too much?
3. Foods that you don’t digest well/bloat you
4. Near your cycle? Hormones can cause constipation (also the opposite problem!)
5. Try implementing foods like flax, chia, increasing your fats etc.
6. Supplement with magnesium. This naturally draws water into your GI tract.
Stress plays a role too! Talk to your doctor or naturopath before using something that you could become dependent on and could cause more problems down the road.
Also, patience!! It takes time! Give your body time to adjust to your new intakes or don’t change it all at once. Your body is smart, but it doesn’t happen overnight.